« April 2005 | Main | June 2005 »

Thursday, May 19, 2005

This will be the 10th day that Dr. Ido is on his antibiotics, his last treatment. For tomorrow, I can't wait for one of the new tanks to come in. I have 3 other bettas waiting to transfer into their bigger homes.

I think for this weekend, I'm going to start on a customers soap order. The last huge order I made for him, he absolutely loved. He placed another order of the same and also ordered 2 additional gift baskets. Looks like I'm back on the bath & body kick again.

I just received my shipment of dried rose buds, chamomile, lavendar buds and mint leaves. I plan to experiment with putting them into a bath tea mix. The box is sitting outside my office, but I can still smell the botanicals. They smell so good.

02:51 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Sunday, May 15, 2005

It's getting hot again...

I knew the awesome spring like weather we've been having wouldn't last. It's 97 friggin' degrees here! My tanks have been registering at 84 - 86 degrees!

Nancy and I stopped at Walmart to get some stuff for the aquarium yesterday. Since the tank water has been really warm, I got plastic canvas to lay on the top of the tanks so that the air circulation will be better than having the hood on.

Dr. Ido's tail hasn't gotten any worse, but yesterday was his 5th day on the K-Mycin. I will do another round of the 5-Day treatment on him. He's been getting a 25% water change everyday, so I think that helps with his temperature. I think he likes the clean water as well.

07:53 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Dr. Ido is sick...

It was determined last night that Dr. Ido, my blue betta, has finrot. For a while there, I couldn't determine whether he had finrot or if he's just a tail biter. After posting many questions on aquamaniacs.net, I have determined that he started out as a tail biter and then the tail eventually got infected and turned into finrot.

Walt had the day off today, so we went to the fish store to get an arsenal of different antibiotics. So far, it looks likes he's in better spirits. He wasn't bad before, had no trouble eating his pellets and bloodworms. But it looks like he's been swimming with his tail and fins fanned out, which I'm guess is a good thing.

I'll have to continue medicating him for the next 5 days.

08:07 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Sunday, May 08, 2005

I got the addiction...

On our way out of San Diego, I wanted to stop by a fish store in Vista.

Fast forward 45 minutes later, I'm walking out with a blue halfmoon betta and a crowntail with a dark orange body with yellow and gray fins. I don't know how I'm going to set these up as I'm starting to run out of room in the office. I didn't anticipate gettings these 2 bettas, but they spoke to me. Hah!

I plan to get them 5 gallon tanks and when that's set up, I'll take pictures of them.

09:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Thursday, May 05, 2005

We're in San Diego again...

Yup...we made another trip to San Diego. It was just a coincidence that today is Cinco de Mayo. Where else shall we be celebrating but in Old Town?

Nobleknits_1844_15517799Walt's boss, Bonnie, is leaving the company to spend time with her young kids. She recently just had a little girl and she's about 7 months old now. Anyway, I decided to make a really darling sweater set that I've made before for a baby shower and the women just turned to puddles when they saw it. I got the pattern kit from Noble Knits. The pattern is the Preppy Pullover and Pockbook pattern. I had no problem crocheting all the pieces, since it was a pretty easy pattern. The hardest part for me is of course, seaming it all together. I can't sew to save my life, so this step is always the most challenging for me.

We left Las Vegas at 5:30am this morning. I still haven't finished the bag yet, so I was stitching it together in the car. I think by the time we got to Mira Mesa, I was totally starting to feel nauseous. I also think that the crochet/knitting/stitching process goes a lot slower when it's done in a moving car.

Oh yes...Bonnie and the women loved the set.

Photo is from the NobleKnits.com website.

08:31 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

Monday, May 02, 2005


I finally finished up my soap order late last night. I'm happy that it's out of the way and now I'll have time to start working on my sweater set. I'll be a crocheting fool for the next few days. I need to get it done by Wednesday night.

08:43 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack