« April 2004 | Main | June 2004 »

Sunday, May 30, 2004

I must be getting old...

...shit...I certainly can't help but wonder...

After working on the front yard yesterday, we met up with the gang over at Memphis Barbecue for dinner. After that, we went back to the Lady Luck Casino, where Gregg & Kim were staying. I wasn't really in the mood to gamble, but Gregg was. He won some money on the Big Wheel slot machine while we were trying to kill some time before Lee landed.

We were trying to decide where to go after Lee arrived and Jeff wanted to do the Hard Rock Casino. All I can say is trying to get to the casino from the airport at 12:30 am was an absolute CLUSTERFUCK!

By the time we walked in, it was after 1am. The place was fucking packed. I know, it was a holiday weekend, so that was to be expected. First of all, I don't like to deal with mega crowds. I've been to dance clubs before when I lived in NYC, but this was just too much! I couldn't breath at the bar area. I swear, it was like cattle.

Perhaps the thing that really made me feel out of place were the people there. First of all, let explain the method to my madness. After spending a good 45 minutes just to go a few miles to get to the casino was enough to piss me off. Navigating through the parking lot was another fucking adventure in itself. 90% of the people there were underaged! It was a friggin' meat market. The guys were these arrogant fucks with their tight shirts and over gelled hair. The girls were dressed in skirts no bigger than a cocktail napkins. I've never seen so much "plastic" in one place. I'd swear, if the heat was turned up in that room, half of them would melt.

I saw sooo many Britney's, Christina's, Jessica's, wannabe sluts there, it's funny. Going into the ladies room was fucking vicious. Girls were giving eachother the eye, sizing eachother up, it was insane.

I guess the in order for me to fit in with the look (I was wearing jeans, a black shirt, and red pumps for shame), I'd have to:

1: Get a boob job, the kind that makes your tits rock hard that they don't move and they're up to your chin
2: Get a skirt that's no bigger than a cocktail napkin
3: Have no more than 5" worth of fabric on my body
4: Wear some leg warmers in 90 fucking degree weather with my black stilettos and plaid cocktail napkin skirt
5: Be sure my butt cleavage matches the tit cleavage
6: Hang some flashy lights off my snatch to advertise that I'm available

I think I must be getting old. Am I starting to sound like my parents commenting on the fashion trends when I was growing up? Am I being a prude? I don't think so...

I think we have the likes of MTV to thank for glorifying sexual promiscuity these days...I'm off my soapbox for now.

10:57 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

7 years!

strawberrycreme_12Today is our 7th anniversary. Walt & I took the day off, lounged around and did some shopping. We stopped by Starbucks to see to they had the newest Bearista in stock. Alas, they didn't have it at the store we went to, so we ended up with Frap's instead. Walt got the Vanilla Bean and I got the Strawberry Cream. Needless to say, it was was quite tasty.

We did some shopping in Costco and then went home and watched a DVD. We finally watched, "Something's Got To Give." I really enjoyed it. Oh yeah...not to mention the 2 (big) glasses of Black Opal Cabernet/Merlot. The last time we went to Costco, they had the 2001, which I totally loved. They only had the 2002's today, but we decided to try it out anyway. They totally bumped up the merlot part and there was more of a bite. The 2001's were more smooth and I am on a quest to look for more bottles. Must have more...

11:59 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Monday, May 24, 2004

More racing...

Walt & I headed back to the track yesterday. Gregg & Kim wanted to head back to San Diego before the traffic got really bad, so they took off early.

Since Marcel crashed on Saturday, he didn't race. After the races, we headed on over to Brian's for a bbq. He grilled up these awesome steaks for dinner and Marcel made these really great potatoes to go the side. I helped Brian with the steak rub, but couldn't figure out all the spices he used to make up the rub. There were several requests for the recipe, but he refused to give it out. After having the rub sit on the steaks, he poured some Jack Daniels over the steaks and let that marinate for 1/2 hour before grilling.

Anyway, we didn't end up leaving until after midnight. We didn't get to bed until around 1am. I had a whole shitload of work to do today, and I was only half the person I would normally be. Needless to say, I was in rare form.

10:16 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Saturday, May 22, 2004

Off to the races!

Marcel was racing in town today over at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It was his first Las Vegas through WERA West. Gregg & Kim came out from Diego as well. Kim & I hung out in the RV with Jodie, Josephine, Sebastian, and Valentino.

After the races, we headed on over to Memphis Barbecue. We had the barbecue nachos (yummy!) and the sampler plate as appetizers. For my main course, I had the baby back ribs. Dinner was awesome! Of course, there was a whole shitload of food leftover, so we ended up taking quite a few ribs home.

Afterwards, we hung out by the pool at Gregg & Kim's hotel. It was a fun day. We'll be heading back to the track tomorrow.

11:55 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Thursday, May 20, 2004

New bike!

copper_busa_smWell, it's official! After months of being bikeless, Walt's the proud new owner of a copper/silver Busa. He had to be in San Diego yesterday, so we flew in together. We stopped by Chris D's house and picked up the bike first thing when we landed.

We were up at 3:30am because the cab had to pick us up for the ride down to the airport. Anyway, Walt dropped me off at Horton Plaza at around 8:30am. I had a whole ton of time to kill before I had to meet Erika and Chris N. for lunch. Then after lunch, Chris and I drove around downtown to look at the new hi-rises and lofts that are being built. I would've love to stay in San Diego and live in one of this units, but let's face it...who the fuck can afford it? We visited with Jeanette for a little bit at the BOSA office and then he dumped me off at UTC, where Walt will be meeting me.

Originally, Walt wasn't going to get out of his class until 4. It turned out the class ended early, so he picked me up 1/2 earlier than expected. It doesn't matter that much, because it's still in the middle of rush hour traffic.

We stopped by Gregg & Kim's, since it's on the way up and we wanted to wait for some of the traffic to die down. We ended up not leaving until 7:30pm. As much as I was really happy that Walt got another bike, I don't like the seats. I was so used to my Corbin's on the other bike. These seats are too damn slippery. I also find that my legs are bent even more than the other ones. Not only that, I had a major fucking case of Busa Ass for the 5+ hour ride home.

Needless to say...I'm a total vegetable today. My body is aching from the long ride. Eventhough we had the Buddy Belt, a must whenever I ride bitch, my legs, back and ass were killing me. I totally think the Corbin's would've made a difference. Also, I never like to move around on the pillion seat. I stay as still as I can, so that I don't want to mess Walt up. The slippery seats caused me to slide forward whenever he applied the brakes. Perhaps I won't slide as much if I had riding pants??? I dunno. I guess I was spoiled by my Corbin's.

10:35 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

Friday, May 14, 2004

Shit...who am I kidding?

When I signed up with Typepad, I thought I was going to be really diligent on updating my blog everyday. And I have been since November. That is until the move.

It's been a long time since I've blogged. I know, I know...

The fact of the matter is...ever since we've moved into this house...things have been non-stop. This place is almost 10 times bigger than our little apartment back in Diego, that it takes 10 times as long to do something. Not to mention that I've been working since the first Monday after we moved in. Tons of things are still in boxes...and work has been totally picking up that I don't even have time to even sort and unpack these boxes. And of course...there's only so many days I can blog on how busy I was with work...it's like that EVERYDAY!

So...how am I handling the heat? It's not bad as long as I stay inside. I can say one thing though...I helped out in planting 2 trees in our backyard. Am I proud of myself? Fuck yeah!

07:59 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack