« February 2004 | Main | April 2004 »

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

It's starting to feel like Vegas...

It's been pretty warm today, by my standards. I'm sitting here working today and it's already 86 degrees today. 86 friggin' degrees in MARCH!!!!

Another thing I totally need to get adjusted to is the dry weather. It's like only 10% humidity here. I find myself constantly downing water all day long. I can only imagine how it's going to be in the summer. I think I'll be housebound with the A/C on.

10:03 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Still catching up...

I'm still having a hell of a time trying to catch up with the work that I missed last week. But on a good note, when we went to food shopping over at Smith's on Sunday night, I noticed that they also carry Polly-O cheeses. I knew I had to make baked stuffed shells when I saw them.

After getting out a few deadlines today, I decided to make a homecooked meal, something I haven't done in a while. Nancy & I made baked stuffed shells. The filling in them was turkey, ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses. We also had salad and bread on the side. Lo-carbs? Bah!

09:27 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Monday, March 29, 2004

Back to business?

Walt started work today at the new office. So far, I've spend most of the morning notifying people of my new contact info. It has really hit me that that we're now living in a new city. I have a feeling that I'll be spending most of the day doing just that.

The weather has been really nice, so I can't complain.

01:16 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Sunday, March 28, 2004

2nd day...

low-carb-sandwich2.gifWe certainly had no trouble sleeping at all last night. We had noticed that the legs for my computer table are missing from the move. Walt fashioned me a makeshift desk by putting the table top on the side carts. It's a bit high at the moment, but I can get by. I adjusted my chair all the way up and am using a box as my foot rest.

logo_smiths.gifGregg & Kim were in town this weekend, so they stopped by the house a little bit. Turns out they brought their yorkie, Oscar, with them. He's been turning into quite a little sausage with all the food he's been eating. I got my share of Oscar kisses before they left. After that, Walt & I decided to do some grocery shopping. We went to Smith's Food & Drug. Much to my delight, they carry a huge line of Boar's Head cold cuts and cheeses. They were hard to find in San Diego, and I was totally craving it.

Boar's Head is huge in New York City, where I grew up. Upon cruising the website, I came across the Boar's Head DigiCatessen. We bought a few different meats and cheeses. I know Walt will be taking sandwiches to work this week.

10:51 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Saturday, March 27, 2004

Viva Las Vegas...we're finally here!

We spent literally all day packing up the rest of the stuff to take in the car and cleaning. The only real break we took was to take the truck up to the office and then having lunch. When we got back, it was back to cleaning again.

I knew that there was no way in hell that we were going to be able to fit everything into the car. My good friend, Erin, came to the rescue. She stopped by later on at night to help us clean and load our extra stuff into her truck. We couldn't have done it without her. We ended up leaving San Diego at 12:30 in the morning.

Since we were literally going on no sleep, we pulled off in Victorille and Baker to rest our eyes for a bit. By the time we got out of Baker, the sun was coming up. At 5:30am, it was just about as bright as San Diego at 7:30am.

We arrived to the house at 6:30. The movers were supposed to show up between 8:30 - 9:00, which gave us a couple of hours to catch some sleep. They showed up at 10 and didn't get the truck backed up with our stuff until almost 11. I have to say...these movers were not as bright as the first ones.

By the time they finished, it was about 5. We are totally surrounded by boxes, but at least we're here! We're home!

08:40 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Friday, March 26, 2004


We had totally understimated how much there is left to do. Yikes!!!!

04:07 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Just 2 more days...

We were going to start packing up the rest of the stuff and clean today. Our other goal was to replace the ceiling fan arm brackets. Since we've been so tired, we ended up starting late and didn't get to Lowe's until around 2:30. Since we hadn't eaten yet, it was off to Ikea next door for more Swedish meatballs.

We got home just to find out that the ceiling fan actually has 6 blades and the replacement arm package only came with 5. That meant we'd have to go back to Lowe's for another pack, which totally sucks because that brings the total up to $25, which is almost the price of a new ceiling fan. We had to wait for Erin and Carmen to come by first to pick up some stuff.

They didn't leave until around 8:00. It was off to Lowe's we go and McDonald's to grab a burger. By the time we got back, it was pretty late and we were pretty tired. Since we figured there wasn't that much left to do, we'll just start tomorrow.

10:54 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Wednesday, March 24, 2004


I headed off to downtown today to meet Erika for lunch. I stopped by the office and networked with some people. We stopped by the hole in the wall Mexican place for the best rolled tacos in town. It was cheap and it was good.

After that, I went to see Carl to get my hair done. Lord know when's the next time I'll see him, or if I'll ever see him anymore since I'll be in Vegas. Jeanette's office was right down the block from me so I stopped in and paid her a visit.

Walt picked me up and we went over to Chris' for a good bye party they arranged for us. It was fun. The guys got to ride some liter bikes while us chicks gathered around a talked like cackling hens. Chris' girlfriend, Chea, made these amazing egg rolls. We had those after the ride while we all sat and watched "Faster."

All in all, it was a great day spent with good friends that we'll miss.

11:54 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Still tired...

cbbb.jpgAfter we left Island's last night, Walt & I headed over to Walmart to get a pump for our air mattress. Oh man, it felt soooo much better than sleeping in the floor. We slept for a good 12 hours last night. We woke up and basically just lounged around and went back to sleep.

We were gonna head up to the office tonight so that he can pack his personal stuff. But first, we had to stop by UTC Mall for some Rose Iced Tea. Of course, I also had to stop into Crate and Barrel. I've been wanting to get a magnetic/cork bulletin board for the new office. Alas, when we got there, they informed us that they don't carry them anymore. But much to my delight, they were still being sold online, so I'll be making the purchase there.

Gregg & Kim stopped by tonight to pick up the Katana. We hung out for bit and just chatted up a storm in our empty apartment.

11:23 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Monday, March 22, 2004

It's over...for now...

We had only 1/2 hour sleep last night. We were working on the bedroom when the movers showed up at 8:30am!!!! Honestly, I wasn't expecting to see them until at least 9:30. Anyway, as they were doing the inventory and moving the boxes outside in the living room, we were feverishly working on the bedroom, thinking that it'll be a while before they get to that area.

This one guy, Vinny, was an animal! He was hoisting up 3 - 5 boxes just on his back alone. Instead of taking the elevator like most people would do, he took the stairs instead. The 3 guys were amazing. They were fast and efficient. In fact, they were out of there in less than 4 hours.

Right after they left, we just crashed! At this time, they had taken almost everything. We basically just passed out on the floor for about an hour. I was STARVING!!! We then went to Coco's and I had a Patty Melt.

At 6:30, we went to Islands, since Erin, Geri, Irene, Wayne, ChrisG, and ChrisN were throwing us a goodbye sendoff. We had a great time. We have great friends in San Diego, which I will seeing on a regular basis.

10:09 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack